Jul 1, 2005

I remember the first time I lived…..

It was the most magical night. Windy, rushing towards the evening rush hour, I knew I was late. Late for what? Late for a rendezvous. Something that changed my life forever. One cup of coffee. Changed my destiny.
As usual late to arrive, I got off, looked around me, lost, searching for that someone.
Deep in my heart I just knew that this was going to be special. But I failed to understand why.
Somewhere in the dark was this figure noticing me, as I frantically searched.
There he was approaching, was that a bright yellow pullover I saw.
A young man, with a smiling face, with so many expressions all over his face, As he introduced himself. I blushed, I felt all girl. I felt so conscious, but the pleasant tingling feeling continued.
We walked into the maddening crowd, but we kept pace with each other as we stepped into the
Coffee bar. Chilly evening kept me all cold, but the warmth that exuberated from him kept me so comfortable. Felt like home. From being strangers to being acquaintances to being good friends.
The journey was long and I watched as it unfolded, very slowly. I became so fond of this young gentleman that my heart cried to watch him go. Had great plans to fly abroad to pursue my higher education, but after meeting him nothing else mattered but him. I fought hard.
Disturbed to even acknowledge those feelings. I ignored them thinking I was just lonely.
I was so wrong. I was in love, if you call it that; I knew that I want to see more of him for the rest of my life.
You did not even know my name. (For which you still hold me responsible)
I was torn, broken from all the yesteryears heartbreaks. I wanted to turn a new page. You were a good friend. Someone I enjoyed talking to, someone who made me feel I could win the world by just being me.
I did not have to pretend, it was so natural. So sure.
I had to rush back home, thought I would stay just for a few minutes in the attempt to do something offbeat. Add this episode as “something bold” I have done in a long, long time.
But you made an entry into the most important page in the diary of life. You became the centerfold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home